For the month of October I wanted to start introducing my character’s. So on my instagram since it’s #drawtober I’ve decided that for 31 days I’ll be drawing my characters using a variety of prompts. Yesterday’s drawing wasn’t one that I really thought through. I ended up drawing something completely different that I’d initially planned, however going forward I’ll be sticking to my schedule.
I’ll also be doing a blog prompt OC-tober as well! You’re welcome to participate. I’d love to check your your posts, so be sure to leave links to them in the comments for me!
I’m very excited about this and I’m looking forward to taking a bit of time each day to do something creative.
Anyway, here are my prompts! The first list is for drawing and the second is for blogging (or vlogging, whichever your prefer).
- Your OC
2. With a pumpkins
3. On their day off
4. Reading a book
5. With their best friend/squad
6. Eating their favourite food
7. With their family
8. As a toddler
9. Saying their catchphrase
10. Enjoying their favourite drink
11. In Love
12. As a villain
13. In mourning
14. Playing an instrument
15. In their happy place
16. As a student
17. Getting ready for bed
18. With their least favourite person
20. Being mischievous
21. Trying something new
22. At a Fall formal
23. Lost in the woods
24. With a black cat
25. Meeting a ghost
26. Singing their favourite song
27. As your favourite TV/movie character
28. Doing something crazy
29. In their favourite outfit
30. In a fun costume
31. At a party
As for my blog posts. I’ve decided to use some different prompts.
- Novel Inspo board.
- Create character interview questions
- Character Mood Playlist: Chill Vibes
- Character Outfit Board: Fall
- Interview a character
- Write a poem about your character
- Describe one of your favourite moments in the book
- Which authors inspire you?
- Write a song about your character
- Interview another character
- What is your writing process like?
- Character Mood Playlist: Sad Vibes/What is your character thankful for?
- Character Outfit Board: Formal
- What is your favourite scene in the book?
- What are your top 5 quotes from your book?
- Interview another character
- Describe an average day in the life of your character
- Character Menu: If your character had a restaurant what would they serve?
- Do the 16 personalities quiz as one of your characters. Tell us the results!
- Character Mood Playlist: Romantic Vibes
- What was your character like as a child (if they’re a child what will they be like as an adult?)
- Who is the biggest influence in your character’s life and why?
- Character Outfit Board: Date night
- Write a brief scene between your character and someone they admire.
- Write a brief scene between your character and someone who hurt them.
- Interview another character.
- Character Mood Playlist: Angry Vibes.
- Character Bedroom Board (show us how your character would decorate their personal space).
- Character Bookshelf (show us what types of books your character might enjoy reading).
- Come up with a tagline for your book (if you don’t already have one).
- Create a Chapter Playlist and describe what your character might be doing today!